As There is no such thing as a small Airstream kitchen. Although I am a foodie, I won’t let that impede my efforts. Bake dumplings, cupcakes, roast lamb, stewed chicken, and braised salmon. All of my food is prepared from scratch. I enjoyed the celebration of Thanksgiving even though I cooked the turkey over a campfire.
Item Rules for Airstream Kitchens
Every kitchen item must have the following qualities:
- The Airstream may toss and tumble items. The ideal item is one that doesn’t warp or bend.
- Glass and ceramics cannot be broken. Broken glass and crockery would make cleaning difficult.
- Dishwasher-less Airstreams require hand washing of dishes.
- We could choose between metal and plastic.
Originally, the silverware set was designed to serve 16 people. Whenever we need more than that, we would have to use disposables.
- Four-piece stainless steel silverware set
- Four stainless steel steak knives are included in the set
- Stainless steel nesting bowls from MSR Alpine
- Stainless steel plates from MSR Alpine
- For microwaving, a set of cooking utensils
- Vacuum-insulated stainless steel tumblers
- Camping mugs made from metal
As I moved from my old kitchen, I brought with me a few of my favourite tools. The final bit of sauce is gotten out of the pan by stirring food with spatulas. I like heat-resistant spatulas after accidentally leaving my spatula on a hot surface.
- High-temperature silicone spatulas
- Stainless steel measuring cups
- Stainless steel measuring spoons
- A stainless steel press for garlic
- Kuhn Rikon Peeler