It’s already harrowing to trek through slush and ice. The effect of elevation and tight curves makes wintertime mountain travel downright dangerous – so much so that some regions require tire chains. Snowy mountain passes, even if they are a slim chance, should be prepared in advance by drivers to avoid fines and accidents.
Proper sizing minimizes the risk of wheel damage caused by improperly sized tire chains. In case of a surprise snowstorm, they are lighter and bulkier thanks to high-tech modern materials. It is important to use the right tire chain pattern for the right situation. Those with traction control can use diagonal chains, while those with extra traction and longevity can use square chains. For vehicles with limited clearance between tire and suspension or body, tire cables and traction socks are good alternatives.
We analyzed real-world reviews to determine which products are the most effective tire chains, cables, and traction socks. In order for tire chains to work properly, the chain size must match the tire size, so make sure that the chain fits your tire before making your purchase. Here are some best tire chains list with general comment:
- Peerless Series 1500 Auto-Trac : Best Overall
- Security Chain Company QG2228CAM Quik Grip : Best Chains For Trucks
- Glacier 1046 Passenger Cable Tire Chain : Best Chain For Low-Profile Tires
- KÖNIG CB-12 104 Snow Chains : Best Budget Chain
- Michelin Easy Grip Evolution : Best Premium Tire Snow Chains
- AutoSock 697 Textile Traction Device : Best Tire Chain Alternative